The Alfa Romeo Formula 1 team has unveiled its new C43, the last Sauber-built car to carry the name of the Italian manufacturer.
Describing the car as ‘lean and mean’ in a launch held jointly in Zurich and Sauber’s nearby headquarters in Hinwil, Alfa have ditched their red and white livery from previous years in favour of an ‘aggressive’ red and black look, with new title partner Stake prominent throughout.
“I really like our new livery,” said Valtteri Bottas, who again partners Zhou Guanyu in 2023. “I think it’s stunning, and a fine evolution from last year.”
The car will be shaken down in Barcelona this week before it hits the track at pre-season testing on February 23-25 in Bahrain, all live on Sky Sports F1. The season starts a week later with the Bahrain GP on March 5.
2023 marks the final season for the team as we know it, with Swiss-based Sauber – who have raced under the Alfa guise for the last four years – going it alone becoming the Audi works team in 2026.
#F12023 #F1 #F1News #imf1fan #formula1 #motorsport #racing Alfa Romeo F1 Team Stake
Daniel Ricciardo has denied that he has signed a Formula 1 reserve deal for 2023
Daniel Ricciardo has denied that he has signed a Formula 1 reserve deal for 2023, but says he is in talks to ensure he will “still be around” the paddock.
Ricciardo has been considering his future options after confirming back in August that he would be leaving McLaren at the end of the season, one year before the end of his contract.
The eight-time grand prix winner has since accepted he won’t be racing in F1 next year but has been linked with a potential reserve role to support one of the existing teams.
Asked after the session if he had an agreement to become a reserve driver for a team next season, Ricciardo replied: “I don’t, I don’t. For now, everything is just rumours.
“Am I talking? Yes. But there’s no pen on paper or anything like that yet.”
Ricciardo said he would “still be around” as “I still have ambitions for 2024” when he will look to make a full-time return to racing.
“So I won’t completely disconnect from the sport, but obviously nothing’s guaranteed for ’24,” he added. “Like, I don’t have a seat that I can say I’m definitely going to be driving.
“But I’ll still be around and trying to put work in to be back.”
When Ricciardo’s McLaren exit was announced, a number of teams still had vacant seats for 2023, but the driver market has since moved and filled up the drives.
With Williams revealing on Saturday that it plans to field Logan Sargeant in 2023 if he gains enough points for an FIA superlicence, it leaves Haas as the only team with a free seat.
But Ricciardo appeared to distance himself from possibly making a switch to the American team, saying: “With what’s currently available, I feel like I’m better off sticking to the plan I have and aiming for something else.”